Peach Cream Pie
I love Key lime pie and make it often, so when I was thinking of other ways to use the peach sauce I made in an earlier post I wondered if I could simply replace the Key lime juice with the peach sauce. The answer is yes, but with a couple minor changes.
9-inch graham cracker crust pie shell
- 1 pack or 9 ounces of graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp of melted butter
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
Peach cream filling
- 1/2 cup peach sauce
- 6 egg yolks
- 7 fl ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream plus 1/2 cup (for whipped cream)
- Fresh peach slices and mint for garnish
- Prepare graham cracker crust pie shell.
- Prepare peach cream filling.
- Prepare whipped cream.
- Slice peaches (for garnish if desired).
Graham cracker crust pie shell:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Process graham crackers into a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and organic sugar in a medium sized bowl; mix well.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch glass pie plate and press evenly over the bottom and up the sides; do not go over the height of the pie plate.
- Place in the pre-heated oven on the middle rack; cook for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pie pan from oven, place on a rack or other heat proof surface; cool to room temperature.
- Leave oven on.
Peach cream filling:
- Whisk egg yolk until well scrambled.
- Add peach sauce and 1/4 cup heavy cream; mix well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well (will begin to visibly thicken at this point).
- Pour into prepared (baked) graham cracker pie crust; you should have enough to fill to just below the top rim of the pie shell.
- Place in oven on the middle rack; cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack or heatproof surface.
- Carefully cover with plastic wrap; place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
Prepare the whipped cream (just before serving the pie)
- Place remaining 1/2 heavy whipping cream in mixer; using the whisk attachment slowly increase speed setting until you reach the highest speed; mix until the peaks in the cream do not fall or settle (7-10 minutes). Spoon into a cold serving bowl.
Peach Cream Pie